Diggers Soccer Club was one of the first competitive soccer team established in Bundaberg around 1934. This club folded and the new club as is present was also named “Diggers”. The reformed club contained some of the previous club members. However, humble beginnings of Diggers Soccer and Sports Club began in 1969.
1969 - U8 team formed in colours of old Club maroon and white strips.
1970 - U8 team formally entered junior associated fixtures under name “Diggers”
1973 - Disbanded Diggers Club (formed after war) was recommenced in 1973 off season.
1974 - Senior and reserve teams fielded
1975 - Strips of green and gold purchased for Junior and Senior clubs and adopted emblem “The Devils”
1976 - The club took up the lease of John Cullen Park, Dr Mays Road Bundaberg as a Junior and Senior club under the name of Diggers Soccer Club. Lease of 20 years granted on 10 hectares of virgin land. Club know as Friendly Family Club and John Cullen Park the ‘Devils Playground’
1982 - Work started on $100,000 club house incorporating dressing rooms, toilets (male & female), storerooms, kitchen and auditorium.
1983 - Building completed